November 27, 2008

A Little Turkey

After a very long yesterday, we were richly blessed with a healthy beautiful little boy at 2:30 this morning. We got a call at 5:30AM yesterday and were told to be at the hospital at 6:30AM. When we arrived another couple was also going in to have a induction. They started me off quite slow because my Dr and I decided we would break my water and see if that would put me into labor...well it didn't work so well, but eventually around 8 that night I started having really good contractions and finally started progressing. I was about to give up and get an epidural, but the nurse gave me something in my IV to take the edge off and i eventually got through the whole event. I must say it was an incredible journey, even though painful, I quite enjoyed the whole experience. Shawn did well too, he looked a little nervous at times, but he did great and is very happy to be a Dad! The picture I posted is right after I had Ira, cuddling with his dad, the room was a little dark. I will have a whole lot more pictures to post soon.




He weighed 8lbs and measured 21.5 in.

We have something very special to be thankful for today.
I wish you all a Happy Thankgiving.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hooray for little Ira!

Welcome to the world wee little man....your auntie heather loves you and can't wait to meet you!
muuuah!