September 20, 2006

Thin Air


9,000 feet striaght up. The trip down to Peru wasn't bad, but the 14 hour bus ride up to Cajamarca was tiring!! We traveled through the night, I was happy to see the countryside of cajamarca on our way into the valley Saturday morning. WE are finally here. Its a pretty crowded city, though not to big, lots of crazy taxi drivers, cars, vans, mortorcylcles you name it, they´ll pick you up! Shawn is living it up since he can actually understand all that is going on, as for me i smile and shake my head a whole lot. I am devinitly working on the language. Its a beautiful place here, not much like i imagined, but beautiful. I think I will be ready for some serious Trader Joe´s shopping upon arrival home, but for the next few months I will be trying things i could never before think of. luckily i haven´t had to eat cuy (guinea pig) yet, though we saw some cooked up and then some live ones for sale at the market on monday...Shawn told me i couldn´t have one as a pet.

1 comment:

Mike Laughead said...

Remember that you will have Trader Joe's your whole life, but you only get to live in Peru right now. So eat some whatever and learn to love it. Tripe is actually really good, try it out!