November 15, 2010

American Samoa


I am so glad that Ira and I coud go on an adventure together. He had so much fun being in a totally new place..it was an adjustment, but I think we both enjoyed it completely. We met some great new friends, and the best part was being with Kristi and Dalley for a month. Dalley and Ira had a lot of fun together. and really learned to play so well together.  We walked almost everyday, I pushed the boys in a double stroller and everyone would say how cute the twins were..they were definitly like hollywood stars being cute white blonde boys.  I am working on a storybook album for them so they will always remember their experience.

Ira seemed to learn a billion new words while we were there. Dalley had great communication skills, I can't wait for Ira to get there, but he is doing great at listening and really trying to communicate his emotions.
He gained a love for the ocean and expecially fish. His new favorite movie is Finding Nemo. He was quite a hit at church the first Sunday back, dressed in his white shirt and tie and sweet lava lava. He learned to love the swimming pool, and got really good with his arm floaties, a little too brave, but he did great. He also found a love for the rain. i could hardly get him to come out of it.. one time I let him play in a down pour for fifteen minutes. I don't know if he will enjoy the rain here in the NW as much, it is a whole lot colder here!

I tried my best to capture our trip, mostly of the boys and their time. We were lucky to find a great play group at the library, which led to other playdates during the week. We really enjoyed all the people we met there. From the play groups to the museum to church, the people of Samoa are wonderful!!

There are too many photos to share. I am only posting a few....check out Kristi's blog (the westwood trail) to see more. I only duplicated 1 photo from her post.


how better to fit in that a tatooed arm?!
(from the library, don't worry its already washed off!)

we could hardly pull the boys away from this restaurant aquarium

catching a fish

rope swing on the beach at our hotel

I cant help but love this face!

Paddle races

In the rain



Rita and Ira after church

this little boy got my vote for cutest costume

Samoan boys for Halloween

1 comment:

Candace said...

I love the tattooed arms and the costumes. Super cute. Gorgeous too.