March 17, 2010

A Real Boy

I have not been good a blogging lately. Mostly because I havent taken any pictures of Ira and I feel that I should post pictures of him every time I blog. Its batter that way. WEll no picture today, just writing to say we are all still alive and well. Ira especially. He is really growing up. This week we have been house sitting for some friends. and just this morning I am out in the kitchen and I here these little foot steps coming. i turned and looked toward them and there was my little boy it his cute footed pjs and his just woken up sweet face. He got down from the bed all by himself and found me. I was really impressed. He can also open the doors in this house. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and he loves to open the pantry and pull things out. (The doors have handles not knobs, so we will be safe again once home lol). The best part is when I start to sweep up after he has eaten he opens the pantry and gets the dustpan out for me. Mommys little helper.

Last week Shawn really got started on our garden. It is rototilled and we started plotting and planning everything out. We are doing an 80 x 30 foot lot-- so there is a lot of work ahead of us for the summer. Ira and I were out helping Shawn too. We spent several hours outside and Ira really seemed to enjoy himself. He likes to rake with the big rake, and pick up sticks and put them in the wheelborrow like mom. I left him with Shawn just the other day and the played in the garden together. Ira gave himself a dirt bath in the garden, Shawn said it was pretty funny.

The Weather has been great here in the NW. We are a month ahead of the normal temperatures for spring which allows us to start planting early. Lots of nice sunny days and with daylight savings change last week, plenty more light in the evenings for walks or gardening or whatever we want.

I will get some pictures up soon, but they really just wont show you how much of a little boy he is turning into.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

You just don't know how much your blog makes my day a better one. Of course I love the pictures, but I will take the blog without it any day too. I just love hearing about my sweet little grandson and you two also.

Kristi said...

Seriously, it is about darn time you post a picture or two! That way those of us that only get to see my cute nephew once a year will recognize him when we do see him!!!