January 13, 2007

Water wars

I have no pictures for you, just an annoyed story. Apparently from January until March the kids participate in outrageous water fights with balloons and guns, mostly between each other, but on most days I am lucky enough to get hit by one or two, all the houses here have flat roofs and or balconies so they like to torture the passers by using water balloons or just dumping buckets full of water down on to anyone they chose, and Shawn and I stand out pretty good here, and I think they get 100 extra bonus points IF they hit us, some are lucky, but most, thank goodness they enjoy soccer more than baseball....

wetfully yours....

2 comments:

Mike Laughead said...

Have fun! They called that "Carnival" in Argentina. I heard about some missionaries getting dreanched, but most kids were afraid to hit us with water balloons. Just be glad you aren't in Brazil, where carnival is the same with the water, but also has all of Mardi Gras as well.

Candace said...

I miss you Stina. Somehow, I hadn't read your blog in months. I think that it was at the bottom of my blog bookmark list and I get kicked off the computer all the time so that my husband can work. It is no longer near the bottom. I miss you. I am having another baby girl at the beginning of March. Are you guys going to move to Michigan when you come back to the US? You could live in our enclosed porch.